1. Service. We deliver world-class service. Your phone call will be answered within four rings by a representative qualified to assist with your request.
2. Savings . Atlantech Payment Solutions transaction and account fees are competitive with any other processing service, and we’re happy to discuss options that will enable you to lower your current transaction fees.
3. Same Day Funding. Batch your credit card terminal or POS by 4:00 AM EST and receive your funds within 8 hours / 12 PM EST.
4. Cash Advance. Need Money? We’ve got it! We can fund your business up to $2 Million dollars based on your future credit card receivables.
5. Easy Sign Up. If you are a new business, all it takes to sign up with Atlantech Payment Solutions is a phone call. If you’re in an existing contract, one of our resellers can help you determine the best options for lowering your transaction costs. We’ll even work out the details with your current bank card processor.
6. International. We can process in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia and 30+ countries complete with multi-currency conversion payment solutions.
7. Technology. With Atlantech Payment Solutions, you aren’t held back by outdated, legacy technology. We’re constantly looking for ways we can use the latest developments to your advantage. From sophisticated reporting to a powerful, new point of sale system, Atlantech Payment Solutions gives you the tools that make your business more efficient and productive.
8. Our People. At Atlantech Payment Solutions, we make the time to get to know our clients and take pride in their successes. Every Atlantech Payment Solutions employee is dedicated to pursuing innovation, providing useful and responsive service and giving back to our communities. At the heart of our business is our elite team of experienced executives, drawn together from various areas of the bank card processing industry by the opportunity to raise the standard of service.
9. Nationwide Reseller Network. Our nationwide network of resellers means that if you have a situation that needs personal attention, we’ll be there to walk you through your options and help you choose and implement the best solution.
Service Service Service- We are your partner in electronic payments!
Defining the Different Merchant Account Types
In the payment processing industry, every merchant is classified into a specific “merchant account type” category, based on how they collect card information and conduct transactions. To learn which category your business is classified under, we have defined the characteristics of each merchant account type in this article.
There are two main merchant account type categories, “Swiped” and “Keyed,” which reflect the basic methods used to capture card information. Within these main categories are sub-categories, broken down according to the business environment and processing technique.
“Swiped” or, “Card Present” merchants directly interact with their customers face-to-face and capture card information by physically swiping cards through a terminal or point-of-sale system. The sub-categories within this group include:
“Keyed or, “Card-Not-Present” merchants indirectly collect their customers’ card information, and, depending on the business environment and technology used, can process transactions in various ways. The sub-categories within this group include:
Deciding on whether you want to use a credit card terminal or some form of payment processing software to handle card transactions should is usually fairly straightforward. The answer generally depends on the physical environment in which you will be accepting the charges.
Most simply put, the decision usually boils down to whether or not you will have easy access to a computer when you need to charge cards and what kind of transactions systems you already have in place.
If a computer is readily available payment processing software often provides numerous benefits over traditional credit card terminals. Most users love the reporting features available to them and find it helpful to go back and look up a previous transaction. Payment processing software is also usually less expensive and more user friendly than most new credit card terminals.
There are logical reasons why many businesses may be better off with a terminal however. To start with, many businesses already have invested in some sort of cash register or POS system. While some of these can be integrated with payment processing software, many can not. In these cases, it is usually simpler to use a credit card machine rather than cluttering your valuable counter space.
Another circumstance when a terminal may be preferable is when your computer may not always be on or may be in an inconvenient location. If you need to take payments in real-time and can’t be inconvenienced with accessing your PC, then you may be better off with a credit card terminal.
More and more merchants are taking advantage of the powerful credit card processing software products available to them. These are systems for virtually any type of processing environment from retail stores to websites.
All have their advantages, but selecting the right credit card processing software for your business is very important. Before making a decision merchants should ask themselves a few questions:
Will you be accepting credit cards over the Internet?
How many credit card transactions will you need to handle at any one time?
Will you be charging the same customer’s cards on a regular basis?
If you have any further questions regarding credit card processing software, please feel free to contact our sales team for information and advice on selecting software by calling the number at the top of your screen.